I listor: 7
The Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 D is a low profile lens with less sex-appeal than the big
glass but it is an interesting lens nonetheless. At wide-open aperture it is a
little soft at the image borders and the contrast level is a little on the low
side. However, at medium aperture settings the resolution figures are exceptionally
high and surely a benchmark to beat. Distortions are negligible and vignetting
is very well controlled. The build quality of the lens is very decent and the
AF performance leaves nothing to be desired.
Inget betygNikon Nikkor AF 50 mm f/1.8D
- very good price/quality ratio,
- excellent image quality in the frame center,
- good image quality at the frame edge,
- chromatic aberration not bothersome,
- negligible distortion,
- silent and quite fast autofocus,
- high transmission.
- too low image quality near the maximum aperture,
- distinct coma,
- bothersome astigmatism near the maximum relative aperture,
- significant vignetting,
- autofocus could have been more accurate,
- we expected better work against bright light in the case of such a simple construction.